Position Title: SENIOR DATA ENGINEER
ALTEC is involved in several Science and Technological Programme in the Aerospace domain where data are the core needed to develop applications, provide services and execute operations.
The Data Processing System and Scientific and Technological Application group host the engineers, physicists and mathematicians who oversee the space mission data system from definition to end of operations; it develops the data systems for the missions and support execution of science operations on ground; and it archives and curates their data during operations and beyond. Moreover, it is involved in the post-mission data exploitation in order to create application devoted to maximize the information value extracted from collected data.
You will be part of the team that is in charge of all engineering aspects of the development, implementation and maintenance of data management systems under the ALTEC responsibility.
You will work in close collaboration with the software engineers, data scientists, mission operators and infrastructure engineer during project phases.
You will be expected to endeavor for innovation and excellence in data management engineering within the aerospace domain.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- A MSc or equivalent degree in software or computer engineering with high score.
- 5 years of experience covering the Data Engineer Role in the design, management and operating of Very Large Database.
- Data System design capability from collecting information for the conceptual data model to the implementation of the logical and physical data model.
- Knowledge of the CAP theorem and data system design based on its application.
- Knowledge of database relations and SQL language, in particular: Oracle and PostgreSQL.
- Expertise in the area of NoSQL databases in particular Cassandra, Druid, ElasticSearch.
- Experience in designing scalable and distributed systems for big data operations and knowledge of Hadoop and Spark systems and Hortonworks and Cloudera distribution.
- Knowledge of the backup mechanisms for the data management systems indicated above.
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system and scripting languages.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one programming language between Python and / or Java.
- Knowledge of distributed software architectures and ability to integrate distributed systems.
- Ability to use the following development tools: Eclipse, IntelliJ, PyCharm, gitlab, Subversion, Maven, Ant, Ivy.
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools such as Hudson or Jenkins or gitlab CI.
- Ability to use debugging tools, perform troubleshooting and profiling an application running in a distributed environment.
- Knowledge of container technology and Docker in particular.
- Problem Solving
- Result oriented
- Operational efficiency
- Fostering Cooperation
- Relationship Management
- Continuous Improvement
Experience in developing and operating data management and archiving systems in the science operations context.
Experience in Agile methodologies would be a further asset.