Position Title: IT SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
We are looking for an IT System Administrator to join our Information System unit. You will be part of the team which is responsible for managing the company IT infrastructure as well as the ALTEC advanced IT infrastructures that support the execution of space missions in which the company is involved and the big data and HPC infrastructure which support Scientific Missions.
IT System Administrator responsibilities include monitoring and troubleshooting of system performances, new HW and SW installation and configuration, HW and SW upgrading, support installation, configuration and test of new center infrastructures and services. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent knowledge of IT technologies, excellent troubleshooting skills and hands-on experience with datacenter virtualization technologies.
Operate and Maintain IT systems according to established requirements.
Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems.
Monitor datacenter health and perform the necessary troubleshooting to guarantee the best performances, answering to HW / SW issues and outages.
Support installation, configuration and test of new IT infrastructures and services.
Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly.
Interact with the help desk (L1) and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- 5 years of experience covering ICT technologies and system administration.
- Knowledge of best practice for installation, configuration, customization and management of VMware and KVM based virtualization technologies in complex environments.
- Knowledge of servers and technology tools (RHEL, CentOS, SUSE, Ubuntu, and Microsoft operative systems also in cluster mode).
- Knowledge of Database Administration (MySQL, Oracle, Postgres) at basic level.
- Knowledge of network protocols and technologies.
- Good knowledge of the English language.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to define goals and achieve them.
- Time management skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Effective communication.
- Data Center Virtualization Certification (VCP-DCV 202x)