Position Title: INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
ALTEC is looking for a brilliant IT engineer to be included in the Information System group. The figure will be included in the team and will take care of supporting the development, integration and verification of Mission Critical and High Performance Computer Infrastructure. He will take care, also, to support the security activities related to the Operation Centers.
- Install and configure software and hardware devices and manage networks, servers and technology tools.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages and upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies.
- Manage and deploy HPC infrastructure.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware.
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems connected to international partners such as NASA and ESA (all these systems are under ISO27001 standard).
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly.
- Monitor datacenter health using preexisting management tools and respond to hardware issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers as needed.
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates; support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments.
- Interact with the help desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed.
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- RPM Linux distribution administration skill and experience
- Windows Domain Controller experience
- Database administration
- RAID Technology knowledges
- SAN administration
- Backup orchestration (DataProtector, Commvault)
- Network knowledge
- Problem Determination e Problem Solving
- Effective communication
Cisco certification such as CNNA are considered a plus