Position Title: INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGER
ALTEC is involved in the definition, implementation and operations of several Ground Segment projects in close collaboration with the European Space Agency (ESA) and the Italian Space Agency (ASI).
Today ALTEC is operating dedicated centers for the support to the International Space Station (ISS) in strict collaboration with NASA Mission Control Center in Houston and the ESA Columbus Control Center in Germany, as well as dedicated centers for the robotic exploration of solar planet (i.e., the Rover Operation Control Center of the ExoMars mission) and data processing of scientific data (GAIA DPCT and METIS Operations Facility). In the Space Rider P/L and Landing Control Center as well as the Euclid SDC (an HPC infrastructure) are under implementation.
The ALTEC Information Systems group is responsible, on one side, for the overall management of the entire operational IT infrastructure and communication systems (monitoring, performance assessment, operations, maintenance, upgrade and evolution, etc.) in order to guarantee the mission established service level, and contributing to specific mission operations team with dedicated roles (GC – ground control – position), on the other side supporting the design and implementation of new mission ground segment in terms of needed IT infrastructure (storage and computing), communication network, security and operational requirements, bringing the most state-of-the-art technological solution in the center design.
In addition, the IS group is responsible for the overall management of the company ICT infrastructure.
The Information Systems group is also in charge of managing the IT security aspects for the company and for all operations centers, working in strict coordination with their international counterpart, and following the established processes of the ISO27001 information security standard.
You will be responsible to ensure that all information and communication systems infrastructure associated to mission operations and data processing centers, as well as the one related to the Company itself, are performing as planned, and are operated in properly way to accomplish their duties in an efficient way, meeting the service level established at program level
You will be responsible for the coordination of the overall ICT security of the company (as established by the ISO27001 Information Security Management System) and, in this role, you will interface with entities and groups at international level, in particular with NASA and ESA boards for security related matters of the specific space mission Ground Segment
You will work with start-of-art technologies in the infrastructure field such as virtualization infrastructure, network, security, computing and storage system, HPC environment, (VMWare, Docker, Cisco, HPE, etc…) supporting all system performance and administration tasks
You will identify and address all needed infrastructure requirements and implementation solutions to be applied to the new ground segment data systems and control center under development.
You will be expected to endeavor for innovation and excellence in infrastructure engineering within the aerospace domain.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- A MSc or equivalent degree in Computer/Telecommunications Engineering with high score
- 5+ years of experience in the field of Information Systems management
- Capabilities to coordinate a team and assign tasks and priorities in a proper way
- Deep knowledge of network protocols, international standards, devices and major network architectural implementation (cabled and wireless) and network monitoring systems
- Knowledge of security standards, protocols and their implementations
- Knowledge of firewalls, IDS systems implementation (in particular on the PfSense platform)
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows O.S., with their security features, and administration capabilities
- Knowledge and ability to use of the security tools for vulnerability identification and assessment (e.g. Tenable Nessus or OpenVAS)
- Knowledge of virtualization environment and container technologies
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Pyhton, PHP, etc. …), Ansible and orchestration language as well programming language (C, C++, JAVA, Python, etc.) and associated development environments (gitlab, sonarqube)
- Knowledge of model-based techniques for systems design (e.g. UML standards).
- Problem Solving
- Result oriented.
- Operational efficiency
- Effective communication
- Continuous Improvement
- ITILv4 Foundation are considered a plus
- Cisco certifications, such as CNNA, are considered a plus
- Network and security related certifications