Position Title: FRONT END SOFTWARE ENGINEER
ALTEC is involved in several Science and Technological Programs in the aerospace domain where data systems are software components that together with infrastructures and communication network constitutes ground segment of a space mission. Data systems are essential are they are reliable and performant software needed to provide ground segment services and execute operations.
The Data Processing System and Scientific and Technological Application group host the engineers, physicists and mathematicians who oversee the space mission data system from definition to end of operations; it develops the data systems for the missions and support execution of science operations on ground; and it archives and curates their data during operations and beyond. Moreover, it is involved in the post-mission data exploitation in order to create application devoted to maximize the information value extracted from collected data.
You will be part of the team that is in charge of all engineering aspects of the development, implementation and maintenance of software data systems under the ALTEC responsibility.
You will be in charge of the development, implementation and maintenance of data system front-end.
You will work in close collaboration with the data engineers, data scientists, mission operators and infrastructure engineer during project phases.
You will be expected to endeavor for innovation and excellence in software engineering for standalone front-end and web-based applications.
Among the main duties, you will be involved in:
Analyze user requirements design and define software design
Implementation of software applications (including related tests)
Support software test campaign.
Prepare software related documentation (Software Design, Technical Notes, Release Notes, User Manuals).
Refine, extend and improve current company applications.
Participate to periodic technical meetings
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- A MSc or equivalent degree in software or computer engineering with high score.
- Experience as Software Engineer role in the definition, design, coding and testing of web and standalone front-end applications.
- Knowledge of software engineering techniques for requirement gathering and analysis, design, software testing, documentation and quality assessment. Experience in front-end web application development in Vue.js / React.
- Experience with Tailwind / PostCSS.
- Experience with software version control system tool such as GIT or equivalent.
- Basic Knowledge of continuous integration concepts and tools such as Gitlab CI or equivalent (e.g. Jenkins).
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system and scripting languages.
They are not mandatory but candidates knowing them will be better evaluated):
Knowledge of software quality and artifact management tools such as SonarQube and Nexus.
Knowledge of UML for software engineering process.
Knowledge of traditional (client-server) and modern software architecture (microservices, SOA) and ability to design, implement and integrate distributed software.
Knowledge of relational database (e.g.: PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB).
Knowledge of one NoSQL database (e.g.: MongoDB)
Ability to develop microservices using framework like SpringBoot and NodeJS / Nest.js.
Experience in Agile methodologies would be a further asset