- Within the SCORE project, ALTEC realized at its facilities a laboratory for testing of optical instruments with high sensitivity characteristics, for space utilization (Payload Optical Systems – OPSys – Laboratory).
This laboratory was designed and built to provide on an ongoing basis:
- a controlled environment cleanliness class 10K, compliant with international standards (7) that define the stringent environmental control requirements for the environments used for the production of flight components
- adequate technical infrastructures for the realization of the project and to host and maintain over time:
- a chamber similar to the one currently installed at the Naval Research Laboratory having the following characteristics:
- solar simulation (hard, visible, XUV)
- mass accommodate up to 175 kg, 1 m diameter x 5 m. length
- pointing accuracy <1 arc-second
- synchrotron level vacuum
- three-axis stabilized
- The calibration and testing of space SCORE coronagraph.
This calibration and testing activity is carried out by INAF-OATO c/o ALTEC in close connection with U.S. partners (NASA) which have made the experiment "Sounding-rocket Coronagraphic Experiment".
- The calibration and test of METIS Experiment (Multi Element Telescope for Imaging and Spectroscopy), able to acquire solar corone images both on visible field (as SCORE) and UHV